Sunday, November 15, 2009

Oracle!

Much before I met her,
I could infer,
I was green and small
Just an inch and half tall
It would not be long since
One day I would be a Prince
And someone, I knew,
Would be in love with me too!


My world was so tiny and dark
A corner of the neighborhood park
I peeped at the passersby
A yellow butterfly
Would nag me
Tease me
And ask- touch me
Why won’t you try!


But I knew
It wasn’t you,
I just let it be-
As the summer mellowed in melancholy!
The heart ached-
Not knowing why!
As I saw the starlit night
And the flitting firefly!
It was soon cold, a time
To sleep alone
Below a big stone!

Chirp, chirp, wakey!
A sparrow befriends me
To croak along
With her song!
In my little pool
By the white toad-stool
Stood my Princess
In a green wedding dress,
An inch and half tall
Waiting for the spring ball
A spectacle-
Predicted by the Oracle!


What do you think- do miracles happen every day?

9 comments:

George S Batty said...

Miracles do happen every day. Every breath we breathe is a miracle. You are a good poet. At least I enjoy it.

JP/deb said...

A fun take on a classic fairy tale!

Dee Martin said...

I loved this - a little fairy tale!!

Dee Martin said...

I loved this - a tiny fairy tale!!

Jennifer Hicks said...

this is just magical! well done!

Tumblewords: said...

Clever! I think we are surrounded by miracles.

Old Egg said...

Well the "summer may have been mellowed in melancholy" but it all turned out right in the end. Great words.

PS the Pratsie said...

miracles happen to ppl who beleive in them ... :) lovely .. thansk fr the wonderful lines u wrote on my blogpost !

Pushpa said...

ha, this one i have read and re-read and the magic is still there. i am so glad that the waiting was worth it for this little inch and half tall prince!