Thursday, January 8, 2009

Talisman

In my poems distance and Time
Have a meaning-
They made me further removed
Pushed me into the sunless days
Into the crossroads,
Into the markets where I last sensed
A commodity- desire
Basted, waiting for the final
Kiss, in skillets turning slowly
On the dying amber red lips
Of an oven, strangely shaped
Reminiscent of how and when
Things were between us
And now the succulent smells
Waft with the taste of Time
On writhing parted orifices
Where flesh flexed and shrank
In wave motion and charred
Amid frenetic calls of delight
Now whence do I
Find the end of distances, microscopic
Or in macro spans, where
I see the rose-like maiden breasts
Inviting, in gossamer covers
And eyes, that call out, a talisman
Pierced navel, and more
Distant times, sunless eventide
A rippling brook counting time
Or a naked boy
With a talisman around his waist
Running from here to there
Nowhere!

1 comment:

Leon1234 said...

That was really good;)