Saturday, April 12, 2008

Flight!

Don’t call me tonight- the dream is hard, graphic and rather bright in the sense- it deals with everything that would raise hackles- so don’t, there is nothing I can do- call 911, you would get your breaks and a fancy flight…

Don’t call me at midnight- I sweat, rather shocked and uptight at the bizarre things that go on, there! You see there is someone I just met, and I am looking into her eyes, wondering… about what- nothing but the flights of fancy and blight!

Don’t at all think that we have had enough- yet!

A flight of cranes
Would stalk soon-
On long legs
A peck
A peek-
A give
A take
And the unhappy worm
Squirming
With the tuna
In the beak!

Imagine
The sober facts
An archer firing a blowgun
The zodiac man
Bear hugging
An assassin of snakes
Fondling the dean’s wife
Past her prime
And sublime
Malignant desires
On fancy’s flight

Don’t call me- this dream is what keeps me alive!

Don’t you see, tonight there is a tryst of morbid interest, what scares you is my delight! I look for the things that are- well why should I trust you tonight? It is a chance encounter, in a bed, in an oblong spread in a cubicle, snug, chest to breast- and deeper in cushioned sweat… and spite-

Flight!

4 comments:

seraphicgirl1986 said...

very intriguing- the way the thought process flows and seems to talk with the reader. interactive poetry!

is this for the writer's island too?
here's my take on it-
http://thejoypop.blogspot.com/2008/04/esta-tarde-this-afternoon.html

Gemma Wiseman said...

Love the almost sci fi bursts in your passion!

The fast paced rhythm enhances the passion.

Gemma

Anonymous said...

I know that feeling... beautifully said.

MissGuided said...

This is my first visit to you blog and I really enjoyed your post.
I will take time over the next few days to come back a read a little more.

Thanks for your comment on my post. As I don't post often, and this was my first real attempt at poetry, I was really happy to receive a comment from someone who is new to me.